- ABOUT US
NOFA OLC Advanced Workshop - Organic Turf and Athletic Fields
September 22, 2016 8:30-4:00
Harmon Leonard Jr. Youth Center
559 South Main Street
Cheshire, CT 06410
Join us, for an informative workshop! Click for agenda HERE
For the event flyer, click HERE
The NOFA Organic Land Care Program is pleased to organize this Advanced Workshop featuring experts in organic lawns and landscapes, discussion of organic products and fertility, hands-on demonstrations and informative presentations.
Frank Crandall and Chip Osborne will present on creating organic management plans and budgeting for the expense of equipment and organic inputs. Chuck Sherwood will outline the process of sustainably managing the athletic fields and parks in Cheshire.
Field demonstrations will include turf aeration with Tom Corradino from Schmidt's and Serafines and compost tea spraying with Peter Schmidt from Compostwerks.
Organic fertility will be discussed with industry experts and distributors such as PJC Organics, Green Earth Ag & Turf, Hart's Seed Company, Compostwerks and others to be confirmed.
The following are the learning objectives:
- Learn how to use soil tests to make management decisions for your grass and athletic turf
- Learn how to create budgets and estimate costs for organic lawn and turf management
- Learn the newest advances in organic lawn fertility and the differences between many products on the market
- Learn about aeration equipment and soil drenching equipment
- Meet other people who are doing organic lawn care successfully
CT DEEP credits pending – Lunch will be served
$80 registration fee
$70 – discounted price for Municipal Workers or Non-profit employees
or call 203-308-2584 for more info or to register
Followup from Workshop
Spreadsheets from Frank Crandall Horticultural Solutions
Athletic Field Management Spreadsheet HERE
FC Custom Budget Worksheet HERE
Yearly Management Plan Worksheet HERE